Saturday, November 19, 2011

mbaaa


It's been a little over a month now in country.  One more month of training and then off to site, on the northwestern-ish part of Burkina, in a valley just a few km from the border of Mali, in Jula nation.  My site sounds amazing, and  although I have no training-mates living near by, I will have 11 other Peace Corps volunteers living in my neighborhood.  My French has progressed and I'm starting to learn Jula, a local language spoken throughout West Africa.  I'm going to be working with a young farmer's association, and possibly a women's association and probably the elementary school, I'll be living next to.  I'm really looking forward to see what's beyond this Sapone horizon and getting to see more of the country.  That's it for now, I have soo much to tell and stories but, not enough time/patience/battery power to tell, but if you write or call and can tell you more stuff.
have a happy Thanksgiving!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving para ti tambien amor.
    Estoy muy contenta de saber que vas a estar con 11 de los voluntarios y cerca a una escuela en tu nuevo hogar
    Felicitaciones por tu frances, que el Señor continue prosperandote en todo cada dia
    Te amo, Bendicion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so curious to hear all of your stories

    ReplyDelete
  3. this all sounds amazing! so proud of you for giving yourself this gift of adventure and a new perspective on your place in the world - am sending you a huge hug from Brooklyn! dayo and Mica are also sending you tons of love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi David,
    How are you doing? I am sitting here thinking about you and wondering how Christmas and New Years went. Let me know how you are doing.
    Love you very much,
    Al

    ReplyDelete